The namesake of this apartment is located near the Ill, the largest tributary of the Rhine in the Alps. If the summer is particularly hot, we love to hike with our two children Anna and Aaron and our dog Akira through this forest along the Ill to the water tread, 5 km away. The icy cold mountain water there in the pedal facility and the arm bath refreshes and grounds you in no time.
But already the way through the floodplain forest is impressive. The “Grauerlen-Auwald” is an extraordinary biotope where you can discover a fascinating variety of flowers and insects along the streams.
The basis of the species richness here are the meadow streams, wet meadows and cattle pastures: Marsh marigold, marsh violet, brook trout, lapwing and others are at home here.
Part of the way through this natural jewel we often walk barefoot as it opens your own perception. Cool grass, warm earth, sometimes a slightly sharp stone, that tingles the soles of your feet and is an intense experience. Maybe you would like to try it. We will be happy to pack you a snack basket for this and all other excursions – obviously also with a bottle of good red wine if you wish.
- In both bedrooms you will find solid wood furniture made of soothing Swiss pine – a robust wardrobe, a single bed and a 180 x 200 cm double bed with separate Optimo mattresses.
- From the large window front of the south-facing bedroom you look out over the other side of the valley with its deep green “Bodner” forest. From the window in the north-facing room, with a little luck, you will spot a deer at the edge of the forest.
- The spacious living room is very bright and inviting thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows. The high-quality furniture – table, chairs and shelves – are made of solid oak. The details chosen by Alexandra with great love, give the room character.
- The Italian designer sofa bed invites you to relax and, with a 180 x 200 cm comfort mattress, offers enough space even when you sleep. Also cozy: the small group of armchairs with side table.
- The two private balconies in front of the living room, respectively bedroom are oriented to the south. On the comfortable armchairs with lambskin you can enjoy the magnificent mountain panorama of the “Rätikon” and the view to the front of “Gargellental”.
- Equipped like this, cooking is also relaxing: Refrigerator with freezer compartment, oven, microwave, dishwasher, pad coffee machine and kettle. We provide basic spices, vinegar and oil in organic quality.
- When it comes to the bathroom, you’ll be spoiled for choice here: who’ll take which one? The one with the tub, double sink and toilet? Or would you prefer the one with the large shower and separate toilet? In both you will find the extraordinary whey-based care products from Metzler®.
- As standard you will find WLAN and cable TV with radio in all apartments. We provide towels, bed linen and bathrobes, which will be changed weekly.