Montiel, the namesake of this apartment, is one of the last “Maisäß” in Montafon that has been preserved in its original state.
There are many “Maisäß” in the Montafon. They are all above 1.000 meters, but still below the tree line. In former times they were important stopovers for the cattle farmers: Before driving the cattle to the high alpine pastures, they just moved the whole operation to Maisäß in May. At Montiel, Alexandra loves the many small streams and the incredible variety of flowers there.
The good news? You can reach it walking in about 1 hour. So if you want to follow in the footsteps of the Montafon mountain farmers, just go up the Zamangweg to the left in front of our area.
Take the 2nd junktion to the right, cross the Tramosa stream and continue through the forest until you reach the old Schoderhus. At the end of the Schoder area, just after the stream, follow the sign to the left and then immediately right to Montiel Maisäß.
We like to sit on one of the small benches on this path and take a little break with real “remote viewing”. On Program? Our favorite show “Summit and valley view” with the soundtrack “buzzing of bees and whispering of leaves”. That’s when we get distance to everyday`s life and gain inspiration for new ideas.
For romantic people and stargazers, the 49 m² “Montiel” in the attic of the Tanafreida is something very special: The bed is located directly under the skylight.
- In the bedroom, solid wood furniture made of Swiss pine, a robust wardrobe and a 180 x 200 cm double bed with separate Optimo mattresses await you. From the bed you look directly into the sky.
- A noble piece of “regionality” welcomes you here in the living room: the beautiful “Montafon table” with elaborate inlays and matching chairs is a real eye-catcher. It’s a good thing that the floor-to-ceiling windows set it perfectly in the light.
- The chic sofa bed from the Italian design company BK tempts you to laze around and also offers plenty of space to sleep thanks to the 180 x 200 cm comfort mattress.
- On the south-facing private balcony in front of the living room, comfortable armchairs with lambskin tempt you to “watch the distance”, browse, let your mind wander, chat, …
- In the kitchenette you will find refrigerator with freezer compartment, oven, microwave, dishwasher, pad coffee maker and kettle. We provide basic spices, vinegar and oil in organic quality.
- Thanks to the roof window, you will also experience a view of the sky in the modern bathroom. You enjoy a spacious, ground-level shower and our whey-based care products from Metzler®.
- As standard you will find WLAN and cable TV with radio in all apartments. We provide towels, bed linen and bathrobes, which we change once a week.
You have wishes or questions? Just call us: +43 664/913 28 29 or write us an e-mail: ta.adierfanat@ofni We will gladly take time for you.